Thursday, August 2, 2012

#8 Catcher in the Rye

I think so far in Catcher in the Rye, he's still leading up to the big conflict. I feel like he's going no where in the story, but I think it's coming soon. So far he's left Pencey and is heading to New York all depressed. I found a big connection in Catcher in the Rye that relates to On Writing. There's a character in Catcher named Stradlater. When I'm reading that is such a hrad name to say. I literally have to take a couple seconds to say in in my head cause it's just like a block in the road. SO at the end of On Writing Stephen King shows us one of his earlier stories and then marks all the things he wants to change for example this guys name that is super long and his name is Ostermeyer. He ends up changing it to Olin for his own reasons and thankfully cause it is way easier to say. So J.D. Salinger shoulda taken Stephen Kings and changed Stradlater to a easier name thats pronouncible for readers to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment