Wednesday, August 15, 2012

#13 Lit Book

During the Harlem Renaissance there was a total literary movement in Harlem itself. I really envy when people can get inspiration from their past and be so true and loving to the art form that they're presenting it through. It takes a lot of skill in my opinion and that's something that I am still looking to succeed in when I get older. I know back then that certain ethnicity's had to come together to create a movement. But I think now that we should all come together with different backgrounds and the same interests to come as one and create a project that can really send out a message. In the lit book it said the Harlem Renaissance was kicked off at a dinner that showcased new, young, and impressive talent. It was called the "coming out party". I hope one day teens like me will be able to showcase our work in a comfortable environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment