Wednesday, August 15, 2012

#14 Lit Book

Actually early in reading about Contemporary Literature, mentioned was one writer name Bernard Malamud. He said," People say I write so much about misery, but you write about what you write best. As you are grooved, so you grieved." Once I read it it was like boom! Stephen King said the exact same thing in On Writing. He said, " Write what you know" So this is a common idea amongst writers. I never really realized myself that I should just write in my comfortable knowledge and not try to impress anybody but myself. Sometimes I would try to put too much info that I don't even know. But that just males the paper not connected to myself which means others won't get it either. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in another post before.

No comments:

Post a Comment