Tuesday, July 17, 2012

#4 On Writing

Half way through with this book! For these 50 pages were where the best quotes were. Whenever I saw a really good quote it trully stood out to me. I don't even know why. It was like finding the golden tresure in the sand of words. I then highlight it and then I'll share them with you. It's so weird I wonder if it shines like it does to me to other people. These quotes aren't like the answers to life, but I think they really represent the book and it's meaning. But there were also the hardest parts because in the third part of the book he starts using all these examples from other books. I'm not even sure why he's using other books as examples. It's really confusing because you cant really grasp the meaning of the quotes he's using since it's an entire different book that you've never read.

Here are a few quotes that stood out:
" I was wiping my ass with poison ivy again, this time on a daily basis....." p. 96
" It's best to have your tools with you. If you don't you're apt to find something you didn't expect and get discouraged." p.114
and lastly...
"One of the really bad things yo can do to your writing is to dress up the vocab, looking for long words because you're maybe a little it ashamed of your short ones." p.117

No comments:

Post a Comment